Classic Pop Issue 6 Is On Sale Now! with David Bowie, Tears for Fears, Belinda Carlisle, Kate Bush and more
The brand new issue of Classic Pop is on sale now! this month we’ve got a whopping ten-page feature that looks in depth at genre-hopping pop legend David Bowie’s work in the 1980s. Featuring brand new interviews with his key sidemen of the time, including Bowie’s longest serving guitarist Carlos Alomar.
We’ve also got a fantastic look at the 50 best 12″ singles of the 1980s – featuring Grace Jones, Duran Duran, Frankie Goes to Hollywood and many more..
- Stolen violins, primal therapy and ‘overexcited’ dancing… On it’s 30th anniversary we look back at the making of Tears for Fears classic debut The Hurting
- The inside story behind Sheffield’s music scene – starring The Human League, Heaven 17 and Cabaret Voltaire –
- Belinda Carlisle tells Classic Pop why life is looking sunny at last after a tumultuous 30 years – we chat with the former Go-Go about the future
- From Duran Duran to Culture Club – we examine the groundbreaking work of Assorted iMaGes – designer extraordinaire.
- Labelled with Love looks at the history of Virgin Records – We celebrate a company that set new milestones, carved out careers and released many classic albums on the way
- Kate Bush‘s Hounds of Love comes under the microscope, very much her masterpiece, we tell the story of how it happened.
- Four Glossy, Exclusive Art Cards featuring Adam Ant. The Eurythmics. Debbie Harry and The Pet Shop Boys!
- Once again a whole host of new competitions – including the chance to win a limited edition David Bowie print, signed Pet Shop Boys CDs, three tickets to Weyfest. two VIP tickets to BEF’s music of quality and distinction show and many more…
Classic Pop is on sale in WH Smiths and selected Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Morrisons and Asda branches. It will arrive in European stores over the next two weeks, USA from early July and Australia at the start of August. Or you can buy direct from us, buy the app or get the desktop/Android version