Hardcastle Vs. Cowell
Paul Hardcastle has become the unlikely alternative to Simon Cowell in a new search for unsigned pop talent. It’s an initiative from his new record label, NUA Entertainment and is running in conjunction with various local radio stations. The prize is not to be sniffed at: an all-in £100,000 deal and a guaranteed single release by the end of the year.
Wining a talent quest is only half the battle, of course. One thing Simon Cowell and co. have proved beyond doubt is that, for every Olly Murs (X-Factor’s Season 6 runner up), there’s a Joe McElderry (Season 6’s winner). Or for every Rebecca Ferguson (Season 7’s runner up) there’s a Matt Cardle (Season 7’s winner).
But if you – or someone you know – really is The Next Big Thing, here are the radio stations that are working with Paul and NUA, who want to hear from you…
- Juice FM, Liverpool
- The Pulse 1 and 2 in Bradford, Kirklees and Calderdale
- Signal 1 and 2 in Staffordshire and Cheshire
- Swansea Sound and The Wave in South Wales
- Peak FM in North Derbyshire
- Radio Wave in Blackpool
- Tower FM in Bolton and Bury
- Wire FM in Warrington, Widnes and Runcorn
- Wish FM in Wigan and St Helens
- Signal 107 in Wolverhampton, Shrewsbury, Oswestry, Kidderminster