Classic Pop Crossword – June 2018
By Classic Pop | June 13, 2018
Test your pop music knowledge with our crossword! Solution to be revealed on Monday June 18. Simply use the questions below:
- All Saint’s Pure Shores was used on the soundtrack to which Danny Boyle film starring Leonardo DiCaprio?
- The Thompson Twins’ Tom Bailey and Alannah Currie wrote which 1989 hit for Deborah Harry?
- MC Remedee and Suzy Q were better known as which UK hip-hop duo?
- Who is the lead singer with Eighties synth pop legends, Blancmange?
- Down To Earth, Misfit and Name And Number were hits for which band?
- Pet Shop Boys reached No. 6 in 1994 with a song based on which TV sitcom?
- He went on to have a massive hit with White Wedding, but what was Billy Idol’s real name?
- Who plays the guitar solo on Michael Jackson’s mega hit Beat It?
- What was Simple Minds’ first single called?
- As well as Wonderful Life, what was Black’s other Top 40 single, a No. 8 in 1986?
- Stephen Singleton, David Palmer and David Yarritu were members of which Sheffield band?
- Union Of The Snake, New Moon On Monday and The Reflex were the singles from which Duran Duran album?
- In which year did Eurythmics release Here Comes The Rain Again?
- What instrument does Roy Hay play in Culture Club?
- Pop duo Soft Cell were made up of Marc Almond and which other artist?
- Belinda Carlisle was originally a member of which all-female American group?
- Which Scottish band had chart hits with Happy Birthday and I Could Be Happy?
- Madonna starred in the film Desperately Seeking Susan – but which of her hits appeared in the movie?
- In which year did the UK’s Bucks Fizz win the Eurovision Song Contest?
- What is singer Helen Folasade Adu better known as?