Paul McCartney announces 80-disc 7″ Singles Box
By Classic Pop | November 11, 2022
Sir Paul McCartney has announced the release of The 7” Singles Box, featuring 80 x 7” singles – including such global chart smashing tracks as My Love, Live and Let Die, Band on the Run, Silly Love Songs, Coming Up, Ebony and Ivory, Say Say Say, No More Lonely Nights, Wonderful Christmastime and many more.
The boxset, which is limited to 3,000 copies, includes 163 tracks totalling over 10 hours of music and will also be released digitally.
“I hope the songs in this boxset bring back fun memories for you too,” saysMcCartney. “They do for me, and there will be more to come…”
Available from 2 December, The 7” Singles Box is the ultimate package for any McCartney fan. From 1971’s Another Day to a 7” version of 2022’s Record Store Day Song of the Year, Women and Wives (taken from 2020’s McCartney III) – the 80 singles included represent half a century of Paul’s life showcasing his prolific creativity and relentless innovation.
- Read more: Best Paul McCartney songs
The boxset features recreations of 65 singles – complete with their original B-sides (using restored artwork from 11 different countries) as well as 15 singles never before released on 7”.
These 15 singles are made up from tracks previously released on 12”, picture discs, CD singles & promos, digital downloads, music videos, two previously unheard demos, and a previously unheard 7” single edit.
The boxset is presented in a special wooden art crate, designed and built in Derbyshire, UK, and is packed with incredible content, including a 148-page book that features a personal foreword by Paul, an essay by music journalist Rob Sheffield and extensive chart information, liner notes, and single artwork. Each box includes a randomly selected exclusive test pressing of one of the singles.
This numbered limited-edition collection of 80 x 7” singles personally supervised by Paul McCartney contains:
- Recreations of 65 singles/promos using restored original artwork from 11 different countries
- 15 singles never-before-released on 7” including:
- Singles previously released on 12”, picture discs, CD singles/promos, digital downloads, and music videos
- 2 x previously unheard demos
- 1 x previously unheard 7” single edit
- 1 x EP
- 1 exclusive test pressing randomly selected from the manufacturing process
- 148-page book containing foreword from Paul, essay by Rob Sheffield, recording notes, release dates, and chart information on each of the singles – each single included is shown on the attached insert, which will be packed into each box
- Remastered and cut at Abbey Road Studios, London
All housed in a two-piece, four-walled FSC-approved Redwood pine and Birch Ply wooden art crate manufactured in the United Kingdom.
- Want more from Classic Pop magazine? Get a free digital issue when you sign up to our newsletter!