Howard Jones announces charity concert for Ukraine
By Classic Pop | March 8, 2022
Howard Jones is to perform a special one-off concert, to raise money for The British Red Cross DEC Ukraine Humanitarian appeal.
The gig takes place on Thursday 10 March at Pizza Express in Holborn, London. Howard, along with guest performer Steve Harley, approached the venue last Thursday. Pizza Express are providing the venue and food at no cost, meaning 100% of ticket sales will be donated to the charity.
Howard Jones Acoustic Trio includes Jones on electric piano, guitarist Robin Boult (Roger Daltrey, Dave Stewart, Fish) on guitar and Nick Beggs (Kajagoogoo, Belinda Carlisle, John Paul Jones) on chapman stick. The show will highlight a fresh take on Jones’ best-known hits and will provide a rare and intimate opportunity for the audience to hear first-hand about the inspiration behind the singer’s material.
Tickets are available from £100 each. All include a three-course meal and a drink on arrival. 100% of ticket income goes to the Red Cross Ukraine Appeal.
The money for each ticket sold will be used to reach people in urgent need, including:
- Providing food, first aid, clean water, shelter support, warm clothing, hygiene parcels and medicines
- Supporting hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Supporting fire fighters and civil protection units
- Training people up in life-saving first aid
- Helping families stay in contact with each other