On Sale Now – Classic Pop Presents Kate Bush
By Rosie Pankhurst | September 8, 2022
Running Up The Charts
On 23 June 2022 the unexpected happened – Kate Bush rocketed to UK No. 1 with her single ‘Running Up That Hill’, breaking several records in the process – and all almost 40 years after its original release.
The reason? Bush’s much-loved track had played a pivotal part in Netflix’s smash-hit Stranger Things and Kate’s genius was reaching the ears of a new generation… And the love for this seminal track shows no sign of stopping. With the Official Chart Company now naming ‘Running Up That Hill’ the UK’s song of the summer, now is the perfect time to bring you this issue of Classic Pop Presents Kate Bush.
Revised and updated for 2022’s strange happenings, this special issue celebrates the talents of this incredible, one-of-a-kind artist, whose unique brand of songwriting and performing has bewitched the globe since her debut single, ‘Wuthering Heights’, made UK No. 1 in 1978.
Also in this issue…
- We explore Bush’s career, from her wide-eyed beginnings, through to her critical and commercial success
- Interviews with KT Bush Band members, official photographer, founder of KateBushnews.com, and Kate herself
- Take a look at Bush’s musical collaborations
- Top 40 and in-depth album profiles
- A fascinating look at the storytelling in Kate’s songs
- Plus much more